Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Summer Reading Bingo


 I have participated in a Summer Reading Bingo the last few years through a Facebook group that I am a part of, and it has been such a great way for me to branch out of the genres I normally like to read. One year, I ended up finding out about a great local author that I wouldn’t have otherwise searched for, so I could fill in the “Read a book by an author from your hometown” category on my Bingo card. I have since finished her first trilogy, and it was fantastic! If you’re curious, her name is Erin Summerill, and she wrote the Clash of Kingdom’s Series. If YA/Fantasy is your jam, you should check it out! Here is a link to her Goodreads profile.

Aside from finding a new genre or author you might fall in love with, Summer Reading Bingo is a great way to keep on top your reading goals, even through the busy months of summer. If you are ambitious in your goals, go for blackout! If you have 4 kids and are a full-time student (ahem), maybe your goal will be to get the 4 corners this year. If you want to “see how it goes,” try for a Bingo, and start another when you finish. It is so flexible, you can do whichever combination of challenges works for you! But set a goal and stick to it. You’ll be so proud of yourself when you get to fill in those spaces!

Well bookish friends, here is your Summer Reading Bingo card. Download it, print it out, and get reading! And don’t forget to come back here and tell me how it went! I hope you find some new book loves this summer.

-Natalie

Need some good book ideas to fill in all of these squares? Follow @novelpicks on Instagram, and visit www.goodreads.com to start making your TBR list!

No comments:

Post a Comment